Now that Office 365 APIs are generally available, you would want to go integrate Office data into your applications and are looking for resources for you to get started.
A lot of folks have asked me – “How/Where do I get started?”
One of the key things we focused along with making sure the services are in GA is to also update our documentation so it lets you not only get started with integrating your app with Office 365 APIs, but also provide key code snippets and other advanced tasks that you require.
The respective teams are working hard to improve the content on a weekly basis so feel free to submit your ideas or suggestions so we can improve the overall developer experience!
Below are some key links for you to get started:
- Getting Started – Start here to get an understanding of different options available to:
- Extend Office
- Connecting to APIs
- Code Samples – Browse available code samples
- API Sandbox – If you just want to dive right in and play with the APIs, try the new interactive API Sandbox.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy Training – Get free training from industry experts!
- Office 365 API Documentation – Learn about the Office 365 platform and how to integrate your apps with Office 365 APIs
- Office 365 API Starter Projects – Learn how to use basic operations against the Mail, Calendar, and Contacts service endpoints in Office 365 for various project types. Currently, we have:
- Completing Common Service Tasks
- Azure AD Auth Samples – You can use Active Directory Authentication Library to write code to authenticate against Windows Azure Active Directory.
- https://github.com/OfficeDev – Office Developer GitHub repos
- Office 365 APIs REST Reference